“RoboCop” progress

We’ve made some progress with the RoboCop prototype.

Here’s a miniature version we’ve put together. We’re using an FSR to trigger an audio track (as of now, “Toxic” by Britney Spears) and the arm choreography. The basic motion of the arms is working well, although I’ll need to rewrite some of the code to make it more flexible.
[vimeo http://vimeo.com/80243252 w=640]

We’ve also started to play with some more powerful servos.
[vimeo http://vimeo.com/80243091 w=640]

Very thrashy, just like real police!
[vimeo http://vimeo.com/80242966 w=640]

RoboCop – progress

We’ve put together a bill of materials for the Robocop project. This includes almost everything we’ll need – minus a power supply which we haven’t quite figured out yet, and a some simple mounting pieces.

Part Price Quantity Part # Retailer Sub-Total
Speakers 0 2 Already own 0
Wave Shield 22 1 94 Adafruit 22
Pressure sensors 7.96 2 1075 Adafruit 15.92
Servo Motor 24.95 4 2144497 Jameco 99.8
Arduino 29.95 1 50 Adafruit 29.95
Gloves 19.75 1 LeatherglovesOnline 19.75
Caution tape 5.95 1 Amazon 5.95
Hands 7.7 1 Amazon 7.7
Arms 8.16 2 89965K491 mcmaster 16.32
Total: 217.39

We also have a rudimentary systems diagram:

Copy of RoboCop - System Diagram