Tan Ma and I implemented a quick two-player version of Duck Hunt using a Processing project she had created. One player controls the gun with the mouse, the other controls the ducks with an accelerometer/arduino combo.
Initially we tried mapping the ducks position one-to-one with the values accelerometer was giving us, but we discovered that this produced jittery results. We found it worked much better to add and subtract reduced dampened accelerometer values to the ducks’ coordinates.
Here’s a hastily-made video of the application:
[vimeo https://vimeo.com/76361890 w=640]
This little solipsistic drummer is an instrument that plays itself…
[vimeo http://vimeo.com/76291114 w=640]
[vimeo https://vimeo.com/76291115 w=640]
[vimeo https://vimeo.com/76291116 w=640]
This week’s Physical Computing labs were extremely fun. Here’s a sketch that reads values from a pressure sensor:
[vimeo http://vimeo.com/76154513 w=640]
And this is a video of a sketch that displays tweets being controlled by an accelerometer:
[vimeo http://vimeo.com/76152832 w=640]
I was also able to control a the xy coordinates of an object on the screen using the accelerometer, but failed to document it…
Here’s a ticker I made that displays tweets containing either the phrase “this sucks” or “I love you”.
The code is here on github.
And here’s a video of the sketch in action. Note: the text is not written by me!
[vimeo http://vimeo.com/75869847 w=640]
Here I am going through some more labs for physical computing.
[vimeo https://vimeo.com/75738511 w=640]